sábado, 8 de septiembre de 2018

Week 2- Grammar

Family members´ grammar

Teachers: Paola Alvarenga, Lidia Artiga and Saraí Ramirez. 

Hello eveyone, I want to share my second class in teaching practicum this time was about grammar and let me tell you that this class was amazing. The grammar lesson "he is" "she is" "they are" "who is he?" "who is she?" "who are they" was presented by Paola, Lidia and Saraí. In the beginig of the class Paola start with the wram up asking to the studens about the last topic, specially for vocabulary. this time the students remembered the vocabulary about the last class with a little help they could remember almost all the family members´ vocabulaty this is very important. Anyways as teachers we have to refresh the previous topic in this case vocabulary, Paola did an excellent job making her students perfectly remember the previous topic using pictures in the floor.I want to mention the fact that she knew how to introduce in a very creative way the grammatical structures  showing picures of family member, giving simple intructions and saying sentences using the differentes structures. I want to mention the fact that the poster with the structures that Paola had in the pizzara helped a lot for the understanding but she did not clarify the difference between "he, she and they" then at that point the students got a little confused. Something that I would also like to add is that Paola taught a simple and short song with the gramatiacles and vocabulary structures alredy mentioned, this helped a lot to identify the acquired knowledge and also the pronunciation.


Then the teacher Lidia continued with the activities first she give woerkseet to the students and then she took the time to paste a poster to model what the student must to do bur in that time the students start to work without instructions, at the moment to give instructions the kids did nor pay attention to her and the tone of her voice maybe was not the correct, remember that we as teachers  have to capture the attention of the students, another very important thing is that a part of the students were forgotten when she was giving the intructions she went to a specific group so the other students started playing and making noise. Afther that she took the time to check the work of every student and then ask to compare the exercices with their classmates. Moreover, she did another spectacular activity making two groups and  then she made them sit on the floor, giving instructions and then gave different colored pieces with words with them the children had to form a sentence, I want to emphasize the fact that we have to give the instructions before asking the children to get out of the seats to avoid a mess.




Finally Saraí, taking the role of teacher, was in charge of giving pages, small pictures of family members and glue that had a tree and ask to students to stick on the tree the members of the family that lived with the child after that she made working couples so that they could share the information of their family tree while using the vocabulary and structure learned, and again I want to mention the fact that we can not live alone a kid in the class, when Saraí did the couples live a kid workig alone and he was so sad and he could not do the activity, I notice about that and I tried to integrate the child into one of the couples nevertheless when teacher Saraí ask to that group to share what they had done, she left aside the child again.


In conclusion, it was a very interesting class full of learning, our classmates did an excellent job with some mistakes but we have to remember that it was their first time teaching and the first class of grammar at the same time, their decoration and use of materials was acording to the class, thank you very much to give an excellent class and above all to show us how we should develop as teachers in a class. I really love this class.



Until we meet us again :)
thanks for reading my blog.







4 comentarios:

  1. Hi Xenia, I read your blog and I liked what you wrote. I agree with you their class was really great, the activities and the way Paola introduce the grammar was something I found really catching because she not only was telling them but she was also asking them one by one making sure each of them knew the grammar, althought what you say is true, they forgot to clarify it's meaning. I also like Lidia's activities they were great and children like that kind of activities although the way of giving the instructions is something she has to work with. As for what you said about living the kids alone is true we have to be really clever at the time of making pairs so they all work toguether.
    Overall I think each of the teacher have a really great performance althought they are some things that need to be improved, I know with time they will do it and have an even better class.
    Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

    ResponderBorrar
  2. Hello xenia !

    I agree with you I think Paola did a good job at the beginning of the class with the review and when teaching grammar the children were very attentive to what she was doing, I think the problem of Lidia's activity was that she gave them the material without giving instructions I feel that it is something that she can improve for the next class ,in the part where you say that Sarai left the child alone it was really sad because she did it twice, I think the problem was that part of the class was out in the bathroom and she continued with the class thinking that the children would come back quickly but it was not like that and when they returned to it they forgot to integrate the child with the other classmates, I think it is something that we should pay more attention to, so that it does not happen again . thank you for share your opinion with us !

    ResponderBorrar
  3. hello xenia I read your blog and I agree with you because I think it is very important that the teachers give a review of the previous classes because this way they do not forget the children what they have been studying for weeks before, in the other thing that I am agreement with you is that paola did a good performance for the same putting pictures on the floor to remind the children that warm-up I liked too much because the children could play a moment.
    the activities that the two girls did were very beautiful Sarai and Lidia did very well

    ResponderBorrar
  4. Hi Xenia, thank you so much for giving me a bigger perspective of how this class was, I can see in here that this girls made a great effort in using materials, all of it looked so colorful and it seems that they used some sheets too, I think they are in the right path with this and they will keep on improving from now on. Well, talking about the class, I guess that they were kind of nervous and that may be the main reason why they couldn't catch their attention from the very begining. I really hope that we all can get better in this situation in the future. And also the fact of leaving the kids work without supervision is something that has to be corrected not only by them, but for all us. I agree with you in most of the points

    ResponderBorrar