sábado, 20 de octubre de 2018

Week 8- Grammar.

Food's Grammar.

Teachers: Daniel Reyes, Astrid Cruz, Xenia Guillén (me).

We are almost finish course, now everything has change, most of the kinds left this project. Maybe it is a little difficult to give the class but anyways we have to. This time we were in charge to developed the grammar class. In our class there were just 3 students maybe was because of the weather that this week's was not the perfect factor. However we developed our class. We were teaching "Are they?" "Is it?" and the answer "They are" "It is". This class was difficult to teach more than what I thought. Every practice we learn something new. For example in this class we learn all of things. 


Things I like about the class: 
  • The Wrap up activity the kids enjoyed the activity.
  • Students could remember all the vocabulary.
  • Child were able to make the practice activity.
  • This time the zise of the pictures was big.
  • Practice Activities.
  • Decoration.
  • Good attitude.
  • Self confidence.
  • When I put the desk close to each other was more easy to monitoring and also the students were more focused in the class.

Things I do not like about the class:
  • The grammar explication wasn't clear.
  • Grammar mistakes.
  • Pronunciation mistakes (me).
  • Spelling mistakes (me)
  • Kids don't want to help in the production activity.
  • Astrid attitude when the students were doing the production activity.
  • The class ended a 5 minute after the 2:30 PM.
  • The kids get borred and they wanted to go to the bathroom in the production activity.
  • We do not clear the board.

Things to improve: 
  • The grammar explanation, more clear. 
  • Try to be carefully with spelling and grammar mistakes.
  • If the students do not want to participate live alone the kid, we  can not force them.
  • If the activities we planing wasn't enough try to improvise and do more activities.
  • Motivate the students to participate.
  • Control feelings at the moment students deny to do something.
  • Control of time.
  • At the beginning of the class ask if they want to go to the bathroom.
  • If we made a pronunciation or grammar mistake try to fixed as fast as we can.
  • Be more organized in general.
  • Not ignore the students when they are doing an activity.
  • Monitoring every moment of the class.
  • Clear the board when we finish our activities.
Thanks for reading, until we meet again in another blog. :) 

2 comentarios:

  1. Hello my friend Xenia!
    As you said we are almost at the end of the course, it means that we need to be careful, so I really liked your attitude from the class, and the one from the students. Also you showed confidence, and control of the class something that was awesome. Another thing is when you put the desks near the board. I consider that it was helpful because many times children say that they do not learn because they could not see, and it was a good point for your participation.
    I think that we always have mistakes because we are not perfect, but it is normal to overcome them, right!. Thank you for teaching a class in your practicum. Good job!

    ResponderBorrar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks for your comments about the class. Well I know there were all of mistakes in our class and maybe somethings were out of hands... the next time we will try to fix them and well I realize students there were in a bad position considering that they were just 3, so I decided to put the desk together and close to the board.

      Borrar